Here are two pictures from our trip to KC several weekends ago. Already blogged about it but here's some photo proof. Caleb with his third cousins then our fam at my favorite Plaza restaurant.
I was getting something out of our hall closet the other day and had to move my 5 lb. weights to get to it. I turn around when I heard Caleb grunting and groaning and here's what I found. He thought it was very fun but we had to put it away before he dropped it on his toes or mine.
The next weekend we had a fun party for another Sunday School friend's son who was turning two. It was at the Mohawk Park Splash Pad and was a lot of fun. If you've not been out there, you should check it out. It took Caleb awhile to get comfortable with the water but then he LOVED it. One picture is of Caleb under the water rainbow and the other is of Caleb and Owen checking out the drainage system.
Friday, Caleb's best friend from school came over to play. Her mom is off for the summer so Katy's not been in class and Caleb has been missing her. The plan was to play in the park across the street or let them run around in the sprinkler but the weather did not cooperate. So we were inside, which was fine until Caleb turned in to Mr. Selfish right before our eyes. Poor Katy could not touch a single thing in the house without Caleb yelling "No" or "Me" (he doesn't know "mine" yet but I bet that's coming soon). At one point, he was sitting on his bouncy zebra, not because he was playing on it but purely so Katy couldn't, with a toy under each arm and was still yelling at her not to touch even one of the 200 Duplo blocks that were on the other side of the room. It wasn't all bad - here's one shot of them playing the piano together and another of them hugging (Caleb was fine with it until Katy went in for the kiss. I think his face is priceless!)
Caleb is getting very silly. We used the last tissue one day so he took the box to throw it in the trash. I never heard the box make it in the trashcan so I walked in to his room. And this is what I found:
In consumer news, beware of your Weight Watchers Smart Ones meals. I was heating up a yummy Fiesta Quesadilla last week and when I walked back in the kitchen, after being gone for 25 seconds, the microwave had flames inside it. We doused it with water then pulled out the food to see what happened. I have eaten these several times and have never seen a wire of any sort as part of the heating sleeve. I guess it sparked which lit the cardboard on fire as well as the paper towel I had under it. WOW! I emailed Weight Watchers about it but haven't heard back. Channel 2 works for you, here I come. I did throw away the quesadilla as it was getting stinky but I have photo evidence.
In house news, we are finally making some progress. The land has been cleared and is ready for footing, then plumbing, then foundation. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. We visited quite a few homes over the last two weekends as part of Tulsa's Parade of Homes and got some good ideas.
And we had another OB visit on Thursday. Everything continues to look great and Dr. Williamson confirmed his earlier suspicions and said we should definitely start "thinking pink"! Very exciting - lots of bows and ruffles on the horizon for the Waltons!