Monday, September 3, 2007

Week 39/Nine Months




Happy 9 month birthday to Caleb!! Time flies when you're having fun, cleaning bottles, doing laundry, picking up toys, and chasing down a mobile baby! :)

Fun week with Caleb getting more and more comfortable crawling and more curious about all the nooks and crannies of the house. His very favorite new place: the basket of dog toys. I try to make myself feel better by knowing that I did clean them all and that the dogs rarely play with then anyway, but Aaron says it's still gross. The basket is in the office so whenever I'm checking email or writing blogs, Caleb now immediately crawls over to the basket. I even put it up on the chair and he still tried to crawl up the chair to get it. I am sure his explorations will get much more gross/hairy/germy from here on out.






Thursday was Caleb's 9 month check up. I was thinking there were shots but apparently not (so we unnecessarily pre-drugged Caleb with some Tylenol but oh well). Caleb weighed in at 22 pounds, 10 ounces (82nd percentile) and 31.5 inches long (97th percentile). His noggin is in the 100th percentile! The pediatrician said he is right on as far as developmental milestones and we just need to come in sometime in November for his flu shot and then his 1 year appointment. I had the camera in my purse but forgot to take a picture (I'm a horrible mother and blogger, I know!!).

Friday night was Caleb's first live football game as we traveled to Owasso to watch Riverfield play Rejoice Christian. It's 8 man football and Riverfield's first year to play. Unfortunately, both our Middle School and Varsity teams got pounded. We had fun and left at halftime of the later game. Caleb got a great souvenir. Aaron says he has a natural football grip in this picture. I was so sure he was going to be right handed and he still does most things with his right but has started using his left more and more, like with this football or when he's waving.




Saturday morning my parents and sister came over for brunch. We were rushing around to give Caleb a bath since he fell asleep on the way home from the game the night before and we didn't wake him up to bathe him. Well, I took the diaper off and was waiting for the tub to fill up. I look over and Caleb has crawled over to the potty and is pulling himself up. The funny thing you can't really see in the picture is that he stood up and then proceeded to "go potty" (tinkle, as my mom would say) on the rug. Of course, we are taking this as a sign that our son is brilliant and is already eager to potty in the big boy potty. OK, not really but it was funny.


Caleb has really gotten back in to waving at any and every thing. There's been evenings where I'm feeding Caleb his night time bottle and he's in the semi-dark with me, just waving at nothing. This video captures perfectly how silly and fun he is getting. Sorry it imported so darkly, but you get the general idea.

(By the way, so excited that Blogger finally added an "add video" feature so I don't have to upload it somewhere else then try to import it in here).

I am adding a link to a totally hilarious blog that someone sent me this week. I don't know if you heard about the woman with 6 kids that was selling a pack of Pokemon cards on Ebay because her children snuck them into the grocery cart when she wasn't looking and she didn't want to 'reward' them by letting them keep the cards. Well, she's getting lots of press because of the write-up that accompanied her Ebay listing. It is sooo funny. Click here to see the Ebay listing. The person that sent me the listing also sent me a link to her blog, which is funny insight into her life with six children.

OK, one more picture of my adventurous baby. I set him up in the chair to take a picture and he immediately flipped over and pulled himself up the back of the chair. As Aaron commented last night, Caleb is definitely turning more "boy"- being more boisterous and less inhibited.

One more thing, we did find a perfect Halloween costume for Caleb (thanks to my mom's searching). We have some hilarious video and pictures of him trying it on but I don't want to ruin the surprise so you'll just have to check back closer to October 31 :)

Have a great week and a happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing at the 9-month appt! Oh well..a little Tylenol never hurt anybody. Looks like Caleb is getting to the "fun" stage!

Kimberly Wall

Goldsworthy Family said...

How fun is having an energetic, curious, all-boy 9 month old?!?!?
And the fun is just beginning.....
Caleb is such a cutie! Can't wait to see you all again.

Amber and Jett