Sunday, November 4, 2007

Week 48- Costumes and Getting More Adventurous




As you can see from the previous post, our little turtle had quite a time on Halloween. Especially when he got to hang out with his friends the duck, skunk, dog, scarecrow, cow, and fairy princess. It was too funny trying to get all the kids lined up and cooperative for a group picture. Here are some other funny pictures from the night and a video of our not-so-slow turtle.










Thursday morning we got up and went to the park with our playgroup. Most of the toys were too big for Caleb to play on and he still thinks that playground mulch is for eating, but he did get to swing for the first time. It was a little cooler than I expected and evidently the hood on his outfit was just for looks because it was way too snug for his noggin but it kept his ears and head covered. We ran several other errands that day and some on Friday too.



The reason for the errand running was that we had family pictures at Woodward Park on Saturday morning. I know it comes as a shock but I was stressing over what we would all wear. There's a delicate line between coordinating outfits and matching outfits and I didn't want to cross it :) I eventually found cute stuff for all three of us to wear and we had a fun time shooting the pics with my friend, Betsy. She said she'd have a sneak peak of some of our photos up by the end of the week so I'll post a link next weekend. Can't wait to see them.

Caleb is getting more and more adventurous and spirited. Last week it was climbing up the ladder; today I found him trying to boost himself up on the baker's rack shelf.





He is totally transfixed with our home phone and our cell phones. I left mine on the coffee table today and he picked it up, put it to his ear, and said, "heeeeyyy" over and over. It was pretty cute.


Don't want to jinx him but it seems Caleb's runny nose and 'old man cough' are finally clearing up. Or at least he wasn't near as congested as he has been for the last 2+ weeks. We did church today then came home to watch my Chiefs throw a win away to the Packers. It was even more painful because San Diego lost so we could have taken the lead in the AFC West instead of being tied with the Chargers. OU is back in the BCS Top 5 and I think KU will definitely fall to OSU or Mizzou so hopefully we can maintain and work our way up a bit farther.


Oh, I got my hair trimmed and colored on Friday. It's a fun reddish auburn color now. Hey, it's fall...why not. If I wasn't already ready for bed, I'd have Aaron take a picture to post. Oh well, you'll just have to wait until Betsy posts some of our family pictures.

Caleb's cousin Julia celebrated her 1st birthday on Friday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COUSIN!! There are adorable pictures from her party on the link called "Tiffany" in the column on the right.

Here are a few great pictures our friend Alissa captured at our hayride a few weeks ago.






Have a great week!

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Caleb makes the cutest Turtle I've ever seen! I can't wait to see your hair!