Sunday, February 10, 2008

Scrapes and Tubes...What Fun to be 14 Months Old!!

First things first, thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes during Caleb's tubes surgery on Thursday. Everything went very smoothly and he was back to his usual self by the afternoon. By far the funniest part of the morning's events was Caleb's response to the "goofy juice", the mild sedative they gave him to ease the separation anxiety. He was quite mellow, as shown in the pic below.



Rewind to the beginning of the week. Caleb's teacher came by my office Monday afternoon to let me know that Caleb had been introduced to the concrete back porch of the classroom. Apparently the concrete had the upperhand because Caleb's nose and forehead were scraped up as he fell. Oddly enough, I didn't really freak out, probably because I knew he was OK. In fact, I thought he looked very grown-up with his big boy injury. And maybe it gave him a little "street cred" with the other kids in his class :)




One great thing about Caleb getting older is the experimentation with new foods. More and more, we try to give him at least a little of what Aaron and I eat for dinner. Sure, there are lots of times that it isn't a huge hit and we end up heating up chicken nuggets or giving him a double helping of veggies (which he loves, seriously!), but he is usually willing to at least give new foods a try. I made taco salad earlier in the week and heated up some black beans to add to mine (on a side note, maybe I should start working on expanding Aaron's palette since he won't touch beans, peas, onions, mushrooms, olives, etc. etc. etc. with a 10 foot pole). I gave Caleb a small portion just to see what he would do. He was a little hesitant about the texture at first so I mushed them up a bit and he started downing them. It was hilarious. Here's a happy bean-eating face:


On Saturday night, my parents and sister (she was in town for the weekend) got to babysit Caleb while Aaron and I attend our Sunday School class Valentine dinner. Morgan's two dogs were at the house also and Caleb had a blast playing catch with them. Apparently it lasted for over an hour last night and we got an encore this afternoon when we went over for lunch.

This picture isn't too clear but it is a group shot of our V-Day party last night at Forest Ridge. We had a wondeful turnout of 20+ couples. We even played a "clean" version of the Newlywed Game. Our class is really growing right now and is lots of fun. If you are looking for a great group of friends and believers to be there for you in good times and not-so-good times, Covenant is where its at.


I can't remember if I walked down memory lane last year during this time regarding Aaron's and my first Valentine's Day. We had really just started talking and this was going to be our first real date out that wasn't just meeting up at a party or walking out from class together. Aaron went all out with emails and quasi-mystery plans. Being the total silly girl that I am, I was worried that I wouldn't be dressed appropriately for whatever plans he had (this will not surprise any of my friends, since even now I constantly text to see what everyone's wearing to various events). We went to a movie then to his apartment where he cooked a lovely dinner. He gave me Godiva chocolates, a teddy bear, and some really pretty flowers. It is funny how it seems like so long ago; I guess seven years is quite awhile!

OK, enough for this week. Have a great week and a Happy Hearts Day!!
PS-I can't get spell check to work so I am sure there are mistakes through all of this...sorry!

0 comments: