Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a Week (glad it's over)

Caleb is finally feeling better!! Thanks to all that posted, emailed, or called to check on him. He still has a bit of cough and runny nose and his fever flared up for awhile this afternoon but he is pretty much back to his old self. And GOOD THING because I think we were both about to go stir-crazy being stuck inside together for days on end.
Recently I posted a video clip of Caleb successfully using his spoon on the pudding. Let's just say we regressed a bit this week. Thankfully it was vanilla and not chocolate or I would have been bleaching and scrubbing for days!




It is so fun to watch Caleb begin to put more and more concepts together in his little brain. Not only does he know that his shoes go on his feet but whenever he sees Aaron's or my shoes around, he now tries to put them on.


Other than running a handful of errands on Thursday and going by the church to see my mom at work on Friday, we really did stay home this week so Caleb could mend. After a baby shower for our friend Kristin (see the link to her blog on my list), we headed to OKC Saturday to celebrate my sister's birthday. That's right my little sister turned 25(!!!) on Thursday. We ate at a fun restaurant called Cheeseburger in Paradise with my parents and Morgan's friend Lindsay (I think I'm spelling it wrong, sorry). Then we went back to Mo's house for cake, ice cream, and presents. Caleb was very excited to see her dogs. They are very sweet but I am always amazed that Caleb is not phased by these very big and very loud dogs; he doesn't even flinch when they bark. As soon as he saw them, he started asking for the ball because he remembered playing ball with them two weekends ago. Yes, I know our child is a prodigy :)


Once he moved on from playing catch with the dogs, he assumed his position on Morgan's fireplace to give us a little dance show. He first learned this trick and Grandma and G-Dad's, but their step is considerably lower than Aunt Mo's, hence the nervous mom keeping a close eye and a steady hand nearby.

We headed home last night then I turned right around this morning and traveled with my friend Heidi to OKC for a pageant winter meeting. We had a great turnout of our teen contestants and these girls are sharp and super cute. It is going to be a great pageant! It is hard to believe that it's already time to gear up for all this again. If you would be interested in helping in some way (zip zippers back stage, make copies, find meal and scholarship donors, etc.), please don't hesitate to let me know. The dates of the pageant are June 2-7.

Going to take some more Zicam (yes, I am fighting whatever lovely germs Caleb has passed along) and get ready for a week back at work.
Have a good one!

1 comments:

Goldsworthy Family said...

Those pudding pictures are hilarious! Looks like you will be dropping his high chair cover back off at the dry cleaners!!